Good time, tubers
I decided to remove chromium from the grille, leaving him only the logo
Studied materiel -. Learned that remove chromium can be copper sulfate or ferric chloride, or sandpaper .
decided to shoot the most environmentally friendly way -. copper sulfate
removed grid wash it and disassembled into components
Purchase with economic copper sulfate, dissolved it with salt, splashed a little bit acid.
gathered in a garage Foot Spa - laid back 2 plates with chrome grille and hood with a saber.
Filled badyagi and a couple of days with the sword all the chrome gone . Straight large chunks floating in solution revealing a bright plastic swords.
You can not say the other two parts - chrome grille trim with stubbornly did not want to part with chrome! He got only here for a little bit. And the plastic underneath - black, but I think it is not to blame
So a week later, nothing has changed swimming with chrome.. I decided to add in excess of vitriol - bought a couple of package, the solution - filled. And nothing ... (((
2 weeks, it became clear that vitriol worked with a sword, but not cope with the lattice
I decided to go the second way
I bought 2 kg of ferric chloride at Radio Shack, he built a new pool: -.. laid back grille trim , put on a mask, including hoods - dissolved in water harmful iron - poured into the tub, covered for a bath ...
Well thought now exactly Khan chromium.
Fuck it ... After a day - nothing. Two - nothing. A week later, too ...
I started studying I its chrome Circuits - looked closer and there like a varnish over chrome
Most likely when. repairing my car after an accident (change bumper) painted bumper and blew varnish on the grid ... a sword in the hood I then bought a new - and it delivered without varnish ... Therefore, the sword of the 2 day was without chrome and trim hell ...
In general, within a month of hemorrhoids with water treatments I did everything the old fashioned way - sandpaper
Especially when ink wheel was happy with the result.
In general, as usual. Remove all chrome 600 sandpaper, then dub 1200, well and grind 2500.
After polishing drill with sheepskin with fine abrasive - understand that the way it should have been immediately without baths ...)))
Since I have two swords - one in chrome, and the second is now free, I decided to install chrome sword and badge and I think in the spring refresh the paint and paint the hood without the sword of chromium in the body color and see how it will look.
polishes the remaining chromium.